OYBM is an all-volunteer collective that has become very efficient at using it’s resources.
OYBM emphasizes being a creative and resourceful community-supported/sustained organization. We don’t want our organizing to be dependent on foundations but supported by the communities we work in, so we need your help!
Starting in 2013 OYBM is now working in affiliation with Social and Environmental Entrepreneurs (SEE) a non-profit public charity exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
OYBM is a Project of Social and Environmental Entrepreneurs (SEE), a registered public charity, which provides non-profit status. Your donation is fully tax deductible.
$400 is the average cost to hold a 3-4 day workshop for up to 30 young folks. (Basically just the cost of food!)
$700 is the monthly cost of our rent for our media center at Taala Hooghan Infoshop.
9 ways you can help sustain and support OYBMedia:
1. Make a Tax deductible donation to OYBMedia.
You can either donate directly or donate and have your name or organization’s name in the credits of our videos and on our site! Click here for more info.
You can make a tax deductible donation to Outta Your Backpack Media:
OYBM is a Project of Social and Environmental Entrepreneurs (SEE), a 501(c)(3) non-profit.
Please make checks payable to SEE/Outta Your Backpack Media.
23532 Calabasas Road Suite A
If you are donating by credit card, please note that Social and Environmental Entrepreneurs, or a variation of SEE, will show up on your credit card statement. Your donation is tax deductible.
Klee Benally, Indigenous Action Media/OYBM Coordinator
Shelbi Ray, OYBM Youth Coordinator
2. Volunteer with OYBMedia!
We always need volunteer mentors. Please contact us for details!
3. Purchase OYBMedia DVDs!
4. Donate used or new equipment such as old MiniDV video cameras!
Specifically we need:
- Apple computers (800mhz G4s or better). Laptops preferred for backpack kits.
- Video Cameras (MiniDV or Digital 8.)
- Tripods for video cameras
- Digital still cameras
- External Harddrives
- Lighting equipment
- Computer monitors (flat panel preferred)
- Solar Panels (email for details of what specs we need)
5. Bring us to your school or community for a reasonable cost.
6. Hire OYBMedia to produce promotional videos for your group or organization for little cost.
Contact us for details.
7. Come to our events!
We host lots of great events, come support us! Sign our emailing list and we’ll let you know what’s happening!
8. Spread the word about the OYBMedia Movement!
We know you’re on social media – like, share, etc our site!